When visiting a Parcel Motel machine during the Coronavirus pandemic, we recommend that you exercise the same amount of caution when touching any shared surface such as a shop door handle or bank ATM. Whilst our drivers disinfect the screens when they visit the machine, and we employ a cleaning company to carry out regular cleaning, we do not have any control over who may have touched the machine directly before you. If you are collecting a parcel, we recommend that you open the locker by scanning the QR code on your phone which you will find when you are logged in to your Parcel Motel account directly under the parcel you are collecting. This will allow you to open the locker by only touching the screen once by touching Got A QR Code? When touching the screen for any reason we recommend that you follow these steps:
- Wash or sanitize your hands before and after you touch the screen
- Wipe the screen with a disinfectant wipe before touching it
- Cover your mouth and nose with your elbow or a handkerchief while sneezing or coughing
- If there is someone else using the machine when you arrive, maintain a safe distance of at least 2 metres
- Remember to also clean your phone if you’ve carried it with you whilst using the machine
Thank you for your co-operation and stay safe and well.